On July 13th 1917, in Fatima, Portugal, after the vision of Hell was shown to the three children, Our Lady said, “You have seen Hell, where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If what I ask is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. There are so many souls whom the Justice of God condemns for sins committed against me, that I have come to ask reparation.”
Our Lady said, “I promise to assist at the hour of death, with all the graces necessary for salvation, all those who, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months …
- Go to Confession, [within 8 days before or 8 days after],
- Receive Holy Communion,
- Pray five decades of the Rosary.
- Keep me company for fifteen minutes while meditating on the mysteries of the Rosary, with the intention of making reparation to me.
Five first Saturdays of reparation were requested to atone for the five ways in which people offend the Immaculate Heart of Mary:
- Attacks upon Mary’s Immaculate Conception.
- Attacks against Mary’s Perpetual Virginity.
- Attacks upon her Divine Maternity and the refusal to accept her as the Mother of all mankind.
- Those who try to implant in children’s hearts indifference, contempt and even hatred of the Immaculate Mother.